When we’re not creating websites, we like to shoot HD video for the web. Check out some of our favorite video highlights from 2012Read More
Had a great time testing out some new equipment and recording these demos for Chip James. If you are remotely interested in high school sports in the Dayton area, check out his blog – DaytonSportsBeat.com
What exactly is that, you ask? Here are a few of the things I did:
- Simulated the Moon with an LED lighting kit
- Configured and balanced a STEADICAM system (I could do this in my sleep or on a boat
- Created an intricate network of extension cords
- Ingested and archived all digital video files
- Rigged DSLR cameras and monitors to various moving vehicles using a triangulated mounting kit. That Trigonometry class from college finally paid off!
- Ok here’s my favorite – you know those mounted vehicle cameras I just told you about? I also drove the truck that the cameras were mounted to. This requires an extreme level of skill and hand-eye coordination that took over 20 years of video gaming to develop. Yes I can play the Ocarina. In real life and on the N64. Yes, I can drive a boat or small ship. Have you ever navigated a 30 foot Sea-Ray along the Ontario/Ohio border while trolling fishing rods in the rain with 10 foot waves? Sounds like a nice little weekend to me.
- Collected field audio and did other “Tech Ninja” things
In January 2012, we were commissioned to capture location audio for a series of videos for Dayton Children’s Hospital. Edited versions of the video were even shown on local Dayton stations during the 2012 Super Bowl!Read More
In July 2011, we were commissioned by Showdown Visual to record a voice over for Five Rivers MetroParks. Watch the finished product below:Read More